After hopping on board with Ginger's May posting extravaganza and signing up for the latest (my first!) CDP exchange, I remembered that I was going to Japan. Hm. Er. Well, that was a busy blip.
My first attempt at playing catch up is to post the mini survey for the CDP Exchange and beg forgiveness for the jet lag fog that may erase my productivity for the next few days.
(Hi! I'm back! Japan was incredible!)
- What is your favorite color? While in Japan, I discovered an extreme fondness for extremely light blues and greens. But I always love teal! And yellow! (Odd since I mostly wear black. Maybe white or gray- for fun.)
- What is your favorite season? Since I live in a gorgeous climate and love being warm: summer. (What great timing!) I suspect this would be harder for me in a really humid climate or one with extreme temperatures, but I love long days and eating outside and corn on the cob.
- What is your favorite treat? Cheese! Champagne!
- What is your favorite scent? Probably lavender. I also like super fresh linen scents (like... cotton-y? Bath and Body Works makes me feel like that a thing, but I'm not sure if it actually is.)
- What is your favorite ice cream coping mechanism? Venti Sweetened Black Iced Teas from Starbucks. Fancy grocery stores. Cooking things. Buying hair conditioner I don't need. Walking around craft stores. (I LOVE making things but never know what to make.)
- What do you like to do in your free time moments? Take pictures. Read anything (including, but not limited to: blogs and books and cereal boxes). Window shop. Clean things (preferably dishes, laundry or anything involving bleach). Listen to music. Visit flea markets and thrift shops. Learn about/travel to new places.
- What do you not enjoy doing, and why, but have to do anyway? Organizing things/putting things away. I AM NOT GOOD AT THIS. I WANT to be good at it, but I don't know how.
- If someone gave you money with the instruction that you had to spend it on something frivolous for yourself, what would you buy? Probably a pretty blanket/throw or some sort of dishware (melamine, my fave!). Or towels! (I bought towels I DID NOT NEED in Japan because they were pretty and soft, so CLEARLY I do not need special frivolous money to make bad spending decisions. (Whatever, when is the next time I'll BE IN JAPAN?))
- Do you have any decorating themes in your home/office? Not especially, although I do love elephants and piglets.
- Is there something that you REALLY, REALLY like? (Burt's Bees, horses, cats, fairies, unicorns, birds, patriotic stuff, babies, chocolate, Diet Coke, etc....) Whoops, jumped the gun on animals there. I REALLY like tea- not really fruity teas, but varieties of black or white tea. Oooh... office supplies. I ALSO love office supplies.
- What is the VERY! BEST! present you have ever received and why was it the best? (The purpose of this question is to give people another idea of the sorts of things that make you happy.) A few years ago, I was explaining to Kevin that Easter was The Big Catholic Holiday and after I got home from Leah and Simon's wedding I was surprised with an Easter "basket": a gift bag of small things (a few bean cakes and little candies) from Japantown (because that was just where he happened to be at the time) and a bouquet of white roses. Because it was a Big Important Holiday to me.
- What are you passionate about? Being as good and thoughtful and supportive of a friend as I can be. Forcing myself to be a runner. Taking pictures (but not necessarily for me). Education and reading. Cooking delicious things. My (insane) family (you can't quit family). Paying off my student loans. Being the type of person who has nice nails and pretty hair... all the time. Helping.